Viera is a master planned community located in the central coastal region of Brevard County, Florida.
It is part of an unincorporated section adjacent to the Melbourne, Florida area.
For census purposes, it is divided between the Census Designated Places of
Viera East and Viera West. At the 2010 census, Viera East had a population of 10,757, while Viera West had a
population of 6,641.
Some Factual Data
Houses and condos: 14,910
Renter-occupied apartments: 2,002
For population 25 years and over in 32940:
- High school or higher: 95.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 43.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 18.4%
- Unemployed: 8.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in 32940:
- Never married: 18.4%
- Now married: 60.9%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 7.9%
- Divorced: 11.4%
Zip code 32940 compared to state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Races in zip code 32940:
- White population: 26,477
- Black population: 1,157
- American Indian population: 46
- Asian population: 1,117
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population: 17
- Some other race population: 68
- Two or more races population: 595
- Hispanic or Latino population: 2,522
Most common first ancestries reported in 32940 (%):
- Other groups (20%)
- Irish (11%)
- Italian (10%)
- English (10%)
- German (10%)
- American (9%)
- Polish (3%)